The work that will be completed in this unit has been divided into sections and is outlined below.
1) Safety in the Kitchen
- OnGuard safety tests.
- Personal, environmental and food hygiene.
2) Introduction to the Food Service and Catering Industry
- Commercial and non-commercial
- Types of catering establishments
3) Careers in Food Service and Catering
- Career paths
- Employment opportunities
- Entering the industry
4) Working Relationships
- Employer/Employee relations
- Consumer right and responsibilities
5) Food Legislation
6) Menu Planning
- Types of menus
- Costing a menu
- Styles of service