By Ella Donlevy, year 8
1. Zombie Brain Cupcakes
These super cute treats are so easy to make all you have to do is…
- Make a batch of your most favourite cupcake recipe, it can be any flavour
- Whip up a batch of plain vanilla buttercream icing and dye it red/pink, here’s the measurements and how to do it
- Put 125g of softened butter and 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar in a bowl
- Beat until light and fluffy
- Slowly add the red food colouring
- Put it into a piping bag and then make 2 straight lines in the centre, then fill in the room on the rest of the cupcakes with squiggly lines
2. Ghost Strawberries
To create these adorable phantoms, you will need to….
- Take some strawberries and dip them in melted white chocolate
- To melt the chocolate, you put it in the microwave in 10 second intervals
- Allow them to begin to set in room temperature for 5 minutes
- Then add 3 mini chocolate chips for the 2 eyes and the mouth
3. Monster Rice Cereal Treats
To make these creepy crispy treats you will need to….
- In a pot combine butter and mini marshmallows till melted, then add the food colouring in whatever colour you want.
- Then quickly fold in the rice cereal treats
- Dump the mixture onto a table and separate into your monster clumps
- Add the candy eyes and place in the fridge to set